License Compliance Resources
- Video Presentation: The Entente™ IPCompass® Solution
IPCompass tracks the relationships among your software products and the various third-party components you use under open source and commercial licenses. This data, together with important license obligation information, is tracked and presented in a hosted environment with account-level permissions to allow needed visibility with necessary controls.
- Product Demo: Real-Time IPCompass Demonstration
- Entente demonstrates the easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface of IPCompass in this real-time video. With its "available everywhere" approach, IPCompass promotes a collaborative environment for all product, compliance, and budgeting stakeholders can access and easily update a central repository of critical information that is tracked through all product builds and bill of materials.
- White Paper: A Practical Guide to Implementing a Component Compliance Program
- By utilizing the practices outlined in this white paper, companies can obtain the substantial benefits provided by third-party components while minimizing the associated risks. This practical approach leverages existing staff, and protects the substantial engineering investment of the company. A successfully deployed Component compliance program will reduce costs, reduce time to market, and provide an environment free of the disruptions caused by late‐stage engineering rework, audits and stop‐ship threats.
- White Paper: Planning vs Scanning - considerations for the effective management of third-party software components
- Code scanning is an excellent tool for pre-acquisition diligence, and for periodic checking of an ongoing process, but it is not a sustainable or comprehensive process to protect your key investments – engineering resources and intellectual property. The Entente method puts focus on the decisions that occur prior to including third-party components in your product; the time when the competitive advantages and risks are most effectively and inexpensively analyzed and addressed.
- Compliance GuideThis white paper by Entente Software provides a practical roadmap to implementing a component compliance program at any software organization.
- Planning vs ScanningThis Entente white paper discusses the advantages and disadvantages of using a license tracking tool versus automated code scanning for managing third-party software components.
- IPCompass FAQThis frequently asked questions document addresses a variety of topics about implementing IPCompass and the benefits that other companies have realized.
- IPCompass BrochureThis high-level product brochure provides a brief overview of the IPCompass mission to ease the burden of license compliance at software organizations.